On this page you’ll find my selection of links, most of them of blogs and sites dedicated to Japan with a few exceptions. I regularly read all of those sites, so they’re there because I like them and I find them of quality.
Blogs and Sites about Japan
- Benoa in Japan: Benoa is French but he blogs in English (those things happen), oh and he’s also an amazing photographer.
- Budget Trouble: Anna’s life in Tochigi.
- By Cathy Hirano: Cathy have lived in Takamatsu for a long time and she blogs about what’s going on in the area. Always very interesting.
- The Daily Moooo: Amy lives my dream! She’s lived on a Seto island for a while now. This is her blog.
- Extracting Abstract: Yoshi lives in Tochigi (rumor has it that he knows Anna quite well). He always takes great pictures and more.
- Gaijin in Japan: Aala is a French world-traveler and is spending a couple of years in Japan. He shares his experiences and discoveries on his blog.
- Glimpses of Unfamiliar Japan: OjisanJake shows us rural Japan like not others. Many posts are about Shikoku, but not only.
- Good and Bad in Japan: Possibly the funniest blog about Japan!
- Japan Australia: For a while I blogged about Japan from France. Well, John does the same from Australia.
- Japanese Castle Explorer: The best blog/site about Japanese castles. Period.
- This Japanese Life: The very interesting blog of a “New England Expat in Japan”.
- Japingu: A new site about the “Japan blogosphere”
- Life in Kawagoe: Cocomino’s blog about his life and thoughts about the world.
- Lonelee Planet: Reesan’s blog focuses about various aspects of Japan, with a special mention for the WTF aspects of the country.
- Pat’s Blog: Pat lives in Takamatsu. He blogs about art in the area as well as various aspects of everyday life in the city.
- Second Hand: Second Hand is a NGO based in Takamatsu and that is currently helping tsunami survivors in Miyagi.
- Six Mats: Very good blog of an American living in Sendai.
- Tour Guide Hiro: Blog/site of Hiro, English speaking tour guide in the Seto/Shikoku area.
- Tourism Shikoku: Shikoku tourism office’s official site.
- Urutora No Hi: Lina is Malay and just like me, she blogs about her trips to Japan.
Blogs and Sites in Japanese
- Chūjō Culture Promoting Foundation - 中條文化振興財団
- Koebi Tai - こえび隊
- Maison de Urushi - 漆の家
- Midori Design
- Ogi de Asobitai - 男木 de あそび隊
- Onba Factory - オンバ・ファクトリー
- Shikoku Muchujin – 四国夢中人
- Shikoku Tourism - 巡るめく四国
- Shima Kitchen - 島キッチン
- Looking for a web-host to host your blog? May I advise you Hostgator, Ogijima’s host? If you register with them using this link, know that I’ll get a small commission (to help me pay the bills). Also know that if you can get discounts with the following coupon codes: OGIHOSTGATOR25 (25% off) & OGIHOSTGATOR10 ($10 off).
More to come.